Commodities Operations Analyst
About the job
Our client, a global leader in the gas sector, is looking for an operations specialist within the settlements team in London.
The settlements team is responsible for ensuring the smooth transaction of gas and energy trading activites arising from the London desk.
- Ensuring the timely settlement of a variety of energy products such as LPG and LNG.
- Check that the prices and due date calculations are processed according the contractual terms.
- Monitoring bank accounts to ensure incoming and outgoing funds are timely processed
- Liaison with various teams within the organisation from Risk Management, Legal, IT, Finance, Treasury and Credit teams to ensure integrity of data within the trading system to accurate reporting within defined timescales
- Supporting the trading desk in counterparty relationships and in ensuring quality information flows across the business and taking action to resolve any disputes
- Production of invoices for the various commodities and products according to the specific contractual terms by generating sales and pro-forma purchase invoices, including detailed backup
- Ensuring all processes and procedures are constantly reviewed, documented and updated.
- Working closely with Front Office representatives for these products, supporting and initiating improvements to the trading systems and work flow processes within Settlements, Finance and across FO to Settlements.
Skills & Experience required:
- Experienced in settlements / invoicing processes for energy trades and related products
- Experience in an energy trading environment
- Educated to degree level standard (or equivalent)