Senior Associate, M&A
Login to bookmark
Expiration Date: July 22, 2023
About the job
We are currently seeking a talented M&A Senior Associate to join a Tier-1 international law firm.
As a Senior M&A Associate, you will play a pivotal role in advising on a wide range of corporate and M&A transactions, with a focus on private equity and involvement in significant IPO transactions.
You will work closely with a team of experienced lawyers, assisting with deal structuring, legal risk management, due diligence, transaction organization, documentation, and regulatory consents. Your expertise and insights will contribute to the success of high-profile transactions and corporate restructuring projects.
- Collaborate with senior lawyers in the planning and execution of complex M&A transactions, including private equity deals and IPOs.
- Conduct legal research, due diligence reviews, and risk assessments to identify and address legal issues and mitigate risks.
- Assist in deal structuring, negotiation of transaction documents, and preparation of legal opinions and disclosures.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure regulatory compliance and obtain necessary consents and clearances.
- Provide corporate advice, including the development of efficient company structures, joint ventures, and corporate restructurings.
- Support private equity transactions, from structuring acquisitions to implementing exits and assisting with fund-raising processes.
- Advise on equity capital markets transactions, such as IPOs, secondary offerings, block trades, capital increases, and convertible bonds.
- Keep abreast of relevant laws, regulations, and industry trends to provide timely insights and guidance to clients.
- Law degree from a reputable university, with strong academic credentials. Additional qualifications (e.g., LLM) are advantageous.
- Experience in corporate law and M&A transactions, preferably within a top-tier law firm or corporate environment.
- Solid understanding of M&A deal processes, legal due diligence, contract negotiation, and regulatory compliance.
- Experience in private equity transactions, including fund structuring and exit strategies.
- Knowledge of equity capital markets, IPOs, and securities regulations is highly desirable.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and legal research skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and collaborate effectively within a team.
- Fluency in English is essential. Additional language skills, particularly French or German, are advantageous.