Senior Investment Management Associate
Login to bookmark
Expiration Date: April 3, 2023
A leading international law firm are seeking an Associate to join the Investment Management Practice of their New York or D.C. office. The ideal candidate will have at least three years of experience advising private investment funds.
The Associate will work with Partners in the Investment Management practice to cover the full spectrum of funds work:
- Advise clients on all aspects of the formation, structuring and operation of private investment funds.
- Assist with transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, fund restructurings and secondary sales of private equity fund interests.
- Draft and negotiate fund documents, including subscription agreements, private placement memoranda, limited partnership agreements, management agreements and other related documents.
- Advise clients on regulatory compliance and enforcement matters, including SEC and other regulatory regimes.
- Monitor legal developments and provide clients with advice on the implications of new laws and regulations.
- Research legal issues and prepare legal memoranda.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Juris Doctor from a top-tier school
- Accreditation to practice law in NY or D.C.
- A minimum of three years post-qualification experience in private funds advisory
- Extensive knowledge of securities, fund formation, and regulatory matters
- The successful candidate must have excellent communication and organizational skills, be able to work independently and as a member of a team, and demonstrate a commitment to client service.