Login to bookmark
Expiration Date: July 23, 2023
About the job
Our client, one of Europe’s largest Gas storage operators and and a major force in GAS/LNG Trading is looking to add an experienced Senior Settlements Specialist to their expanding team. The role will provide an excellent opportunity for a talented and motivated individual to gain exposure across a range of energy products and to work in an ambitious company.
- Working within one of the sub teams within the Settlements department ensuring the timely production of invoices and payment of LNG and Shipping transactions according to the specific contractual terms.
- Ensuring pricing and due date calculations are as per contractual terms.
- Monitoring bank accounts to ensure incoming & outgoing funds are timely as well as responding to bank compliance queries promptly
- Develop an in depth understanding of the various general & bespoke contract terms and conditions for LNG and shipping and develop robust validation techniques
- Supporting the trading desk in counterparty relationships and in ensuring quality information flows across the business and acting to resolve any disputes
- Liaison with various teams within the organisation from Risk Management, Product control, Legal, IT, Finance, Treasury and Credit teams to ensure integrity of data within the trading system to accurate reporting within defined timescales
- Maintaining excellent working relationships with counterparties and other teams within the organisation
- Focusing on continuously supporting and initiating improvements to the trading systems and work flow processes
- Settlement experience in physical commodities, but LNG or Oil experience would be advantageous.
- Reviewing contracts from a settlements perspective
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and trading/accounting system. SAP and ETRM experience preferred
- Experience of working with trading counterparties and direct contact with commercial operators and traders
- A working knowledge of trading systems and trade